Wednesday, January 11, 2006

SP7 and Branching Out




Well so far SP7 is going well....yeah I know, it's only being going for like 3 minutes so far, seeing that we only received our names yesterday....but I got a really cool spoilee this time around and I'm excited to get started....

In other news...I finished my aunt-lina-birthday scarf, "branching out" from knitty. it came out pretty cool....the weirdest coink-a-dink was that knitknitknitknit brought up the pattern the other night when we were hanging out NOT knowing that I was in the process of knitting it...oooooaaahhhh weird!

Anyway...it came out really nice, and I know my aunt is going to love it....and I love it because:
1. I conqured my fear of laces
2. it served as a stash-busting session, since I didn't buy new yarn for the project.
3. the yarn was a gift from sp6, Susan.
4. I had enough yarn to make a little scarf for my SP6 bear (which was a Christmas bear, but I couldn't bring myself to putting her away until next Christmas, so I converted her to a scarfy-year-around bear).

One annoying thing that I've run into for the second time, although, much worse this time....is the wavy cast-on....but strait cast-off....grrr....how do I fix this???
posted by Cristina at 11:19 PM

5 Comments:

thank you so much for your comment and kind offer! i will have to think about that for sure!
:)
there are so many good ones i cant even imagine where to begin.
i may order the kitchen one on japan amazon.
have a great day!
Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:58 PM  
Cristina, a friend of mine gave me a Chococat for Christmas. She came with a matching orange hat and scarf set. I was planning on doing the same thing as you did for Bear-Girl (oops or is it a guy?) so I was pleased to see that great minds create alike!
Blogger kitkatknit, at 12:57 PM  
Hey, let's go buy our yarn for the olympics together...maybe before or after our craft time?
Blogger Bethro, at 10:49 AM  
yes, lets go yarn shopping...i was going to do a yarn diet for the next quarter...but screw that! lets go shopping!
Blogger Cristina, at 12:45 PM  
Oh your branching out scarf is just LOVELY!!! and your magnet - wow - your secret pal is a lucky girl!!!
Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:21 AM  

Add a comment