Tuesday, January 10, 2006

SP7 Is up!! I've contacted my SP...here is my questionaire for anyone lurking...

1. Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer higher quality and/or natural fibers)? Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand?
Yes...yarn snob...big time! Can't stand those scratchy acrylics.

2. Do you spin? Crochet?
Tried both, haven't really gotten into either.

3. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
Straits are in a cloth wine gift bag...DPN's and circulars in a little case.

4. How long have you been knitting?
I say I'm a beginner because I've only been knitting for a little over a year, but I might be more like an intermediate because knitting is ALL i do....so I've scored quite a bit of practice.

5. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
No....willing to start one though...might be something I'll add.

6. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.)
I like fall scents like cinnomon on orange and giner.

7. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
Yes....I actually have sweet TEETH! i like sour stuff and chocolate and starbursts, stuff like that. I also like chocolate and peanut butter numbers.

8. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do?
I love making stuff with my hands. So, decoupage, painting, drawing, jewlery making,
magnet making, cooking, I want to get into ceramics, japanese crafting is something I'm a little obsessed with getting into right now, and quilting eventually, along with sewing too, I want to get into embroidery....etc...

9. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s?
I like drum and bass, world music, hip hop, mellow girlie music like morcheeba, oldies. I'm really into learning about new music. I find out about a lot of cool stuff through my
cd exchange club.


10. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer?

I like reds, oranges, pinks, creams, greens. I'm not really geared toward "preppy" colors that remind me of The Gap circa mid-90's like forest green and maroon and navy blue.

11. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
I have a plant and a husband. I'm a newlywed, and I just moved to San Francisco about 6 months ago. So I'm having fun learning about my city and making new friends. I'm also really close with my parents and sisters who all live within an hour an a half of me, my plant and my husband. My friends are part of my extended family too.

12. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
Yes, sometimes, no and no. Mittens and ponchose are too constricting for me, they make me feel trapped....I can't move my fingers in mittens and with a poncho, I can't really have any sudden reactions without the whole thing flying over my head.

13. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with?
Noro. Alpaca. Fun and interesting stuff. Brown Sheep Lions Pride bulky is cool too because it knits up fast and they have an amazing color palette. But honestly, I'm kinda tapped out on yarn, I'm ready to start something new or expand on other arts and crafts. Like embroidery. Or illustration.

14. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
Cheap scratchy acrylics. They make my skin hurt.

15. What is/are your current knitting obsession/s?
I just learned how to knit socks, so I spend a lot of time thinking and scheming about my next sock knitting project. I learned with strong encouragement from SP6...thanks Susan!!
I also just got
Jess Hutchisons new booklet, so I'm also into unusual toys as well. Although, I haven't knit much of that yet....it's in the plans...

16. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
Little, quick, bulky things. Scarves are always a good stand-by....and now, socks...even though I've only knit one pair so far!

17. What are you knitting right now?
I just finished the scarf from knitty "Branching Out", and I'm about to start on a cable knit scarf for my mom's birthday using Knit Picks yarn.

18. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
Yes!! Love it!!! I actually prefer hand-made gifts because they're truely special and one-of-a-kind. I love seeing all the amazing creative stuff that people come up with. And of course, I appreciate all the time they put into making them!

19. Do you prefer straight or circular needles?
Depends on what I'm knitting. I have the Denise Interchangables, so I tend to use those a lot, but I really like DPN's which I don't have a large collection of.

20. Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
Bamboo all the way baby...

21. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
Nope. No room for one:( Ooh well....

22. How did you learn to knit?

Knitting School at the Davis Adult School in California.


23. How old is your oldest UFO?About a year. But I'm an avid and super-compulsive frogger....so if a project doesnt get done right away...it usually just gets frogged when I have time. I love frogging stuff.

24. What is your favorite animated character or a favorite animal/bird?
I don't have one particular favorite, but I love all the softies characters and all the unique illustrated characters on some of the crafty blogs I have links on my website to. Japanese characters like Hello Kitty are super cute too.

25. What is your favorite holiday? Halloween. Candy. Drunk people. Costumes. What more could I ask for? Plus, my husband and I live in the Castro neighborhood of San Francisco which is notorious for it's halloween bashes....and it makes it really fun for us!

26. Is there anything that you collect?I don't have one particular thing that I collect, because
I'm trying to reduce the amount of *stuff* in my house, so most of what I collect are consumables, like arts and crafts supplies. Not that I eat paste or anything, but things that I can turn into someting else and give away as gifts.

27. What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
Interweave.

28. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on?
Maybe some Japanese crafting books. DPN's of various sizes....of which I'll post in a bit.

29. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
Quilting and sewing cute stuff. I'm really into decorating and making my little nest comfortable, so stuff related to that. Embroidery too.

30. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
I am now, I guess! I wear a size 9 shoe. Is that what you mean by measurements?

31. When is your birthday? (mm/dd)
Nov. 8 - scorpio
posted by Cristina at 5:30 PM

1 Comments:

Hi Cristina,

Thanks for your lovely comment on my blog. I really appreciate it.
I didn't even remember commenting on your blog! Time flies.
Happy one year blogiversary!
Blogger Ellen, at 6:23 PM  

Add a comment