Thursday, February 23, 2006

Obtain the Air Angels Breathe

Sorry, I know this is becoming like a "what-cristina-did-this-past-weekend-blog".....but I just couldn't resist these pics....In the news this past week.....

I had an eventful weekend...it started with a trip to Sacramento to witness my mom's swearing in! She's a judge now!! How exciting is that....I've been selfishly scheming up ways of how I can exploit this new position of hers. My 2 hour trips home will now be collapsed to a breeeeezy 15 minutes!

My 8-ish year old cousins, Bubba and Jake learned how to drive. Kids start younger and younger each year.

We topped it off with a trip to Lake Tahoe...one of the most beautiful places on earth. Okay...so, maybe I need to get out a little, but really, Tahoe is soooo gorgeous, and if you haven't been yet, you need to!!

Even Mark Twain thought so!
"Three months of camp life at Lake Tahoe would restore an Egyptian mummy to his pristine vigor and give him an appetite like an alligator. The air is very pure and fine, bracing and delicious, the same as angels breathe."
Mark Twain, 1860's

ON THE CRAFTING FRONT:
I finally finished my mom's red-hot-birthday socks....I did the tacky-crafter thing that EVERY knitter has done one time in his/her life (don't deny it!!)...and wrapped up one and a half socks for her to open on her birthday. She was a little confused...but figured it out pretty quick after getting poked by 4 dpn's as she ripped open the package!
My last Sewing 101 class is tonight, and I'm signing up for the 202 class at Stonemountain & Daugher Fabrics....buttons...zippers...seams...ooh my!

And lastely I'll leave you with this little number by Knit Daisy Knit from the Melanie Falick Handknit Holiday Book. And....this cute little wash cloth knitted up by Pink Purls, originally designed by KnittingKnonSense. KnittingKnonSense also has patterns for letters too!!
posted by Cristina at 11:01 AM

1 Comments:

I don't think I've ever managed to give my mom two socks or two gloves at the same time. :)
Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:53 PM  

Add a comment