Friday, May 26, 2006

Creative People Everywhere You Turn


I just purchased the most beautiful print from an artist in Barcelona (gotta support my peeps!) named Alex Noriega. Check out his tutorial creating artwork using his style of painting. I'd like to try to illustrate my constant obsession....mass production....over consumption...over flowing landfills and polluted air and water ways = OUR DEMISE.

I found Alex via KnotWithoutMyKnitting which is a great blog with lots of fun finished projects in both knitting and sewing. Crafty girl that Caitlyn.

I'm still working on a pair of socks from my abuelita (direct translation is "little grandmother") and I've been held back quite a bit for the thought of wrestling with those dpns. So, I've committed myself to learning "magin loop", and I'm in the process of collecting websites that will teach me:
Unwind
Streets and YOs
Demo

Also, check out this gorgeous bag that Eunny made for BitterPurl:
posted by Cristina at 11:23 PM

2 Comments:

Here is another link for socks on the long circ (magic loop) it helped me a lot, and I do all my socks toe up 2 at a time on the ML.

http://www.tostetoes.com/links.htm
Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:08 AM  
Hey, it was great to meet you. You have to post more! Funny to hear me say that.
Blogger WandaWoman, at 10:10 AM  

Add a comment