Tuesday, May 16, 2006

MINNEAPOLIS: Where Have You Been All My Life???


How is it that you can ask SIX different people the question: "Where can I go that is uniquely Minneapolis?" and they ALL send me to FRICKIN' STARBUCK'S???

Except for a trusty member of the crafting community..........go figure!

As you may have guessed....I'm in the beautiful TWIN CITIES right now. Feeling a little frustrated and discouraged, I contacted Eireann for some crafty guidance. Booooy was I glad I contacted her! Eireann sent me to...what shall I call it? Uuh, PARADISE. Ever heard of SR Harris Fabric "store"?


Well, its 30,000 square feet of discounted goodness! It's amazing....I really don't know how to describe it but, "WOW". Its a HUGE (picture Costco)....wall to wall...floor to ceiling....crowded aisle after aisle after bin of 50% off fabric!!


I bought zippers (.75 cents each) in every color imaginable.....4 foot barrels FULL of buttons .5 cents each....velcro...elastic....every trim imaginable....lace, $1 patterns...anything and everything you could possibly think of. This place alone is worth a trip to Minneapolis....I don't care if you live in Ohio or Belize.....you gotta check this place out!! Thanks Eireann!!
posted by Cristina at 9:06 PM

5 Comments:

Oooh that *does* look like heaven!! My BF lived there as a kid and he always talks about going back for a visit....now we have an even better excuse! (Did they have any pom-pom trim?:)
Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:10 AM  
:) so glad you got to go!
Blogger eireann, at 1:09 PM  
Ack! It's the Webs of fabric stores!
Blogger Bethro, at 8:16 AM  
Oh, I would soooo not be allowed in there - heh!
Blogger Shan, at 9:54 AM  
I'm from Minneapolis and I've never even heard of this place. I'll definitely have to make a stop when I go home for a visit in August
Blogger Kaitie Tee, at 10:45 AM  

Add a comment