Friday, May 05, 2006

"You'd be surprised how much it costs to look this cheap! " - Dolly Parton
I know this is the 2nd time I'm posting about this...but I'm just so damn proud of it!

With help from Liz, I completed the Ballband Dishcloth from Mason Dixon Knitting using Peaches N' Cream and cotton chenille.

I added a backing from some cotton dishcloth type substance from the fabric store. The whole project cost like 0.14 cents, I swear, it was like the most low budget knitting project I've ever done. Sometimes I just want to laugh my ass off when non-knitters try to tell me that knitting is a way to "save money" by "making your own things". If only they knew the level of debt I'm in because of this little hobby of mine. Saving $$ is so far from anything related to knitting its not even funny. I'm like "yeah, if you consider making a scarf for like $90 'saving money', then yeah, I guess I'm saving $$. I mean I guess I could go out and buy a diamond encrusted angora scarf for $8 Million in which case $90 is a bargain, right?!".

Viva La Knit Picks!
posted by Cristina at 1:15 AM

8 Comments:

Wow, I love your dishcloth... what a great idea! Now if I just knew how to sew...
Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:01 AM  
Looks great! Did it take long to make?
Blogger ljm, at 7:32 AM  
ooohhh! I love it. I need to pick a project from the book.
Blogger Bethro, at 7:58 AM  
hahahah, your DP quote is hysterical.
Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:39 AM  
the dish cloth is lovely, but i'm posting for another reason-- would you please email me your email address. i want to join the MDK KAL, but can't get your email link to work with my computer (i got me some hotmail). i need that KAL bad! i'm practically sleeping with the book under my pillow at night!

okay, thanks!
easpenwall@hotmail.com
Blogger emily, at 8:59 AM  
The new blog look is awesome. So springy.
Blogger Bethro, at 8:18 AM  
Hello,
Very Nice work. In answer to your question about my softie preferences I am not really fussy. I have become a bit attached to the wee kitty I have made so perhaps a replacement for him would be nice. I would like something done in your style, that way it isn't something I could have made myself. I can't wait to see what you come up with! This was my first go at making a softie and it was more fun that I thought it would be.
Have a great week!
Blogger Firefly, at 9:04 AM  
The dishcloth looks awesome! I love the chenille look and the backing too. You did a great job and the Dolly quote is priceless.
Blogger Melissa, at 9:26 AM  

Add a comment