Saturday, July 15, 2006

I present to you "the" QUILLO


After many many months of living vacariously though Bird In The Hand (flickr set here), I finally set out what I've been obsessing about....we'll call it the....QUILLO....a cheesy way to say "quilted-pillow". Since I'm showing it off:

It took a night to make the pattern and do all the cutting and another to actually put it all together....not bad considering I have a pattern now that I can use for future Quillos (do you feel silly reading that word - i feel silly typing it). As you may have noticed, I also snuck my latest Mason Dixon project in there, the Ballband Dishcloth...all pink....all girly...all being hand delivered next week to my gramma in Ventura, California.
What's up with the yellow tint of this photograph???
Next time....
1. I'll use thinner strips to add more color.
2. I won't be a cheap bastard and peice scraps of batting together instead of buying large enough peices to cover the entire area of the Quillo. Note: The whole "piece work" idea only applies to the outside...not the batting. I'm an idiot.

Tomorrow I'm off to Southern California where I'll be spending some much needed time with my grandparents. Pictures of gramma's super girly china collection & tricked out antique'd pad ("pad" meaning "house") to come.....

Also to come....pictures from Stitch N' Pitch at the Giants game....this Thursday....yeaaaahhhh baby!!
posted by Cristina at 9:45 PM

7 Comments:

I love the Quillo! (I don't feel silly saying it) Very pretty fabric choices.
Blogger Unknown, at 6:04 AM  
I think quillo's a good name. (It's way better than "pillt" which is probably what i would have come up with:)) I can't get enough of that dahlia fabric. I just love it!
Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:53 AM  
Looks good...I want to try one of those!
Blogger ljm, at 9:14 AM  
The Quillo is beautiful! I'm so envious, as I don't quilt or sew (yet). I'm also going to do one of those ubiquitous dishcloths.
Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:37 AM  
It looks great. I'm back and I'll see you on Thursday.
Blogger Bethro, at 11:01 AM  
Quillo is BEAUTIFUL!!! You are talented girl! I've always wanted to try quilting but just feel as if I'll bomb tragically ;-)
Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:11 PM  
This pillow is so creative..The fabric design of your pillow cover is good. Click this link to get more designs in weaver textile ....: https://www.weaveron.com
Anonymous Weaveron Textile, at 4:23 AM  

Add a comment