Thursday, August 03, 2006

Sweater Whore

Photo courtesy of Sarah of Zephyr Style.

I am one. A Sweater Whore. Thanks to Stacy....I'm addicted. Damnit. Ooh well, I might as well embrace my fate and pick cute patterns right?

Yeah!! Zephyr girls Rachel and Sarah to the rescue! They were the ones that designed my first sweater project - Green Gable...remember? From like 3 days ago? I know...not much time has passed....and here I am...casting on with #2...pretty cool considering I have like 10 other projects that were waiting in que prior to this one. And damnit, I've become such a selfish knitter! So anyway.....here it is....I present to you: Rusted Root...what do you think?
Photo courtesy of Sarah of Zephyr Style.

The Zephyr grrrrlz are pretty talented....so make sure an' check 'em out ye hear? Hip designs with a vintage flair.....

I'm using Rowan ~ Rowanspun 4 ply in Hansel (how cute is that name, though?):

You have to trust me when I say that it's a lot less baby-poo green in real life. The gauge is too tight and I know the sweater is going to be too small (wait a second! maybe THAT'S why I'm the "sweater whore"....because I look like one when I wear them!). Enough with the self-hate talk (that's what my therapist calls it).

Can I admit something to you without fear of judgment? This is the first time I've ever knit with tweed...and....Rowan for that matter. There. I said it. Am I considered a knit-blogger outcast now? Do I need to learn intarsia to redeem myself?

....los angeles....boise.....sacramento....minneapolis....

Well....I'm going back on the road.....4 city tour in 11 days. Think I'll survive? We'll see I guess...considering I'm PMS-ing (big time)....have a cold. My husband lovingly referred to my voice as "manly"....and here I thought it was a sexy-raspy.....no...not sexy. Manly. Thanks for that babe.

Well, I may not have a sexy voice...but I do have my rusted root...and with that folks....I'll catch you on the flip side!

posted by Cristina at 11:54 PM

12 Comments:

I LOVE Rusted Root. I have a thing for sleeves like that...don't know why. I'm going to go check those patterns out. Now tell me, why do you get to travel so much? I'm so very jealous!
Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:22 AM  
I too am a sweater whore and purchased the Rusted Root pattern the first day it was available. It is just too cute!
Blogger Kaitie Tee, at 8:01 AM  
Freaking adorable. I'm sure your voice is sexy and not at all like Bea Arthur. I need you to stop travelling, please. I am in a knitting black hole and can't seem to claw my way out.

If you need some girl time this weekend, I am around.
Blogger Bethro, at 8:04 AM  
Nice sweater? Now why is it going to be too short? Just go up a needle size? I dunno, you're getting advice from the gauge challenged. Have a nice trip(s)!
Blogger Allegra, at 8:10 AM  
What? No Pasco or Walla Walla trips where you fly into the Tri-Cities Airport? sob sniff boo hoo
Blogger kitkatknit, at 8:47 AM  
you and stacey like the same projects! i know she's thinking about her own rusted root...

any chance your work will bring you out to Boston?
Blogger CynCyn, at 10:53 AM  
I kept meaning to come find your blog after meeting you in Denver while you were here, and shazam today your blog found me. Funny, your Green gable looks great!!
Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:05 PM  
that sweater is gorgeous! thanks for the sassy talk, it brightened my day.
Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:19 PM  
Good luck with all your work trips. I'm kinda torn with Rusted Root. I think you will love it and it's all in the round, right? Good luck and we expect by the time you get back for it to be finished, right?! ;-)
Blogger WandaWoman, at 8:18 PM  
Sooo cute.
Blogger Colleen, at 9:29 PM  
Oh, I like that green! Nice for that pattern too - green roots make sense some how.
Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:31 PM  
Hey, great color choice!!! Can't wait to see the progress! Have a great trip, we're about to embark on a little road trip of our own... from SLC, UT to Seattle, and then to Portland. Traveling is good!
Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:14 PM  

Add a comment