Wednesday, October 25, 2006

My very own Perdita

I am loved. Look at the beauty that lovely Allison sent me this week! We had a little swapping action going on. Well, it wasn't supposed to be that way. I sent her a couple of buttons to help finish along one her beautiful perditas - & she sent me this. So sweet. And so tiny too. She said that knitting with embroidery floss doesn't hurt her fingers, but I don't believe her. I love it so much, I haven't taken it off. I even slept with it on last night. I had the bead imprint on my face when I woke up to prove it.

She ALSO sent me the softest most butteriest alpaca - hand painted and all. Thank you so much Allison - you are toooooo generous!

Another little somethin' somethin' for our fall Socktoberfest! In my color-way of the season, Cranberry & Mustard.....

Specs:
Pattern: "False Flame Crew Socks" from Socks Socks Socks by Elaine Rowley.
Time: Began on Oct. 18. Finished on Oct. 24 - less then 1 week!
Yarn: Andes in color No. 20. I used a little less then one skein (165 yds.) - but somehow thought that I would need 2. It's beyond me how one can over-estimate by 100%. Sooo....I guess that means someone will be getting a cranberry & mustard colored hat soon.
Needles: 2 bamboo circs. in US size 3's.
Modifications: Obviously, there is no real "pattern" or "flame" to these socks. I realized soon after I started knitting, that color variations was entertaining enough & that I didn't need to add on some crazy flame pattern to complicate matters. I'm happy with that decision.

~Weekend Recap~

These pretties are Italian cookies. For the Italian Cookie dance. My best friend got married this past weekend in Virginia. What a joyous event that was. I LOVE weddings. Almost as much as graduations. (I'm not being sarcastic - I really really love graduations. Graduations of any level). I learned how to dance the Italian Cookie Dance often celebrated at weddings. It involves a conga line led by the bride winding it's way through the wedding reception ending at the grad finale of everyone diving into the huge pile of gorgeously colorful cookies!

It doesn't get better then that, folks.

posted by Cristina at 7:54 PM

3 Comments:

Yay! I'm so glad you like your new bracelet...I gotta say, it suits you! :))
Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:27 PM  
Hi Cristina! I thought I'd pop over and take a look at your blog (which I love by the way and will be checking back regularly). I had to comment on your cranberry and mustard sock -- mmm,mmm! Love it! My dear friend won 1st prize at a fair for her "cranberry mustard." I know, it sounds peculiar, but it is soooooo good on pork or turkey sandwiches. Wow. I'm getting hungry just thinking about it.
Blogger Laura, at 11:35 AM  
Cristy! i love the cuff you made! it is so beautiful. your hair looks sooo cute too. did you cut it?
i called you the other day and left farting noises on your machine...just in case you didnt know it was me. im so swamped with homework right now. i hoped to see you b/f you left again but... :(
iLovu
Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:13 PM  

Add a comment