Sunday, November 19, 2006

Because I Felt Like It.

I needed some time. To myself. So, I bailed on early Thanksgiving with the in-laws, not completely, but partly. I’m breathing easier now, considering this was the first weekend in five weeks that I’ve spent at my house. It wasn’t a full weekend, but I’ll take what I can get, even if it’s just a day. Guilty? A bit. Anxious? Not so much anymore.

::A quiet dinner at home, alone::
::Portishead & a comfy chair::
::A few drinks. A few sweaters::


::Mix in some hot water, vintage fabric from my sis & yarn from an old pal::


::And now off to Thanksgiving ONE & Thanksgiving TWO::

::Centered & much more equipped for the holidays now::

posted by Cristina at 11:48 PM

3 Comments:

I'm really happy to hear it. I was thinking this morning that I was a little worried about you. Take it easy as much as possible.
Blogger Bethro, at 1:30 PM  
yay! A little you time is never a bad thing. DH and I decided to tell both sets of parents to effectively buzz off since we're staying home just the two of us this year for the first time ever respectively. It's so hard to balance the you time with the in-laws and parents time.
Blogger Jen, at 10:37 PM  
We all need a little me time once in a while. I'm looking forward to some in just another 12 years or so.


Sigh.
Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:05 AM  

Add a comment