Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Confirmed: We are taking over the world.

Exhibit #1:
Tiffany’s Display, see Beth’s post here.

Exhibit #2:
Location: Anthropologie
Data collected: at 5:13pm on 11.10.2006
Thanks to the fine folks at Anthropologie, this rocks are no longer cold. I was worried there for a second.

Exhibit #3:
Location: J.Crew (or was it Banana Republic?).
Data collected: at 12:27am, 11.10.2006. My husband pointed out, "babe! those arent event real balls! It's yarn wrapped around styrofoam!" I was just as offended, but understanding of their plight...to be, just like us.


Exhibit #4:
Location: American Eagle
Data collected: at 8:42pm, 11.9.2006 Again, what's up with the flying yarn? I mean, I like it, and yes, I would probably decorate my house this way, if I could. But seriously, people.


Exhibit #5:
Location: Oakland Airport, Soutwest Airlines Terminal
Data collected: Ooh, heck, I dont know. But do you see me in the window there? Do I look excited? A display about dying yarn with mushrooms! Exhibit #6:
The Office, Phyllis, feet kicked up, knitting at work. At what point in our lives will we be as lucky as Phyllis?
Exhibit #7:
The Office, Pam’s alleged hand-knit sweater. It’s okay, honey, we know your mom didn’t knit that, we still think your sweet.
Have you witnessed other sightings? Fulfill your crafterly duties & please share.

The Coup d'état needs to be documented!!!

~Okay, enough of that silliness, Happy Turkey Day to you all~

posted by Cristina at 1:38 PM

6 Comments:

I noticed Phyllis's little knitting break on the office...now that's the ideal job. Love the pics!
Happy thanksgiving!
Blogger ljm, at 2:48 PM  
Holy Bobbles! That Banana Republic one is a mite scary.

Oh, we need to document this. When the fine folks at Tiffany's AND the Oakland airport join in...can we lose? I think not.
Blogger Bethro, at 2:49 PM  
Also I need to go back and get a better pic. I had to use my phone on the Tiffany's display. The world must see it's coolness (cause clearly my knitting blog will show the world far better than the Tiffany's window).
Blogger Bethro, at 2:51 PM  
oh, well, maybe that sweater could have been handknit... you never really know. Eunny seems to think everything can be knit on size 1 needles, so who am I to say?
Blogger Jen, at 4:28 PM  
happy gobble gobble to you too!
Blogger CynCyn, at 1:53 PM  
Great post. I feel like we are taking over the world too sometimes. I notice handknits (and related) everywhere lately! Happy Thanksgiving!
Blogger Ellen Alexandra, at 6:44 PM  

Add a comment