Saturday, November 04, 2006

A Contest & WIP

The weekend is wrapping up & we're heading back up north again, to turn around and head south...and then north. OC up to SF down to San Jose and back again...eeewwwfff, some time in my house would be nice.

Thankfully, I've spent the weekend with laughing nieces....spoiling mother-in-laws & this:
Two things here, folks.....

1. My WIP: The Candle Flame Scarf from FireBrunette. I'm using Misti Alpaca, I think - the yarn is a dream to work with - but will prove to be an enormous hand-washing headache for my best-friend. Such is life - she pretty much stabbed herself in the foot by giving me "full creative freedom". As she put it. I gave her a chance to pick a reasonable yarn. She didn't take it. More on that when we're blocking. Hopefully soon, since I can't stop thinking about this. Who needs a new Thanksgiving sweater? The Forecast says...ME.

2. A CONTEST: Something kinda fun. First person to give me specifics gets a little special surprise. What was I watching up there? You know who that is....but WHO was she interviewing? This is certainly not a shameless plug for *Oprah - goodness knows that woman needs no help in the marketing department. It's just what was on - and I'm curious to see if you guys can figure it out. Plus, who doesn't like a little contest?

*ooh, and, for the record.....Oprah annoys the CRAP out of me. Just thought that needed to be said.

P.S. Did anyone see the Project Runway skit on Mad TV tonight? It was f-ing HILARIOUS!!!

Ooh, and, um...what do you think of the new look?

posted by Cristina at 11:06 PM

7 Comments:

Ooo, a contest! Was it Denzel Washington? I haven't watched Oprah in a while but I did hear she had him on last week.
And I love your template and the photo at the top. It looks great!
Blogger ljm, at 5:42 AM  
Darn! I was too slow. That is the episode with Denzel. That man is larger than life...and totally smoking hot!
Blogger Kaitie Tee, at 7:52 AM  
I LOVE the new blog look. It's great. Glad you're back!
Blogger Bethro, at 8:40 AM  
I have no idea what Oprah was doing last week, but her body language says she was nervous (playing with her earring...)
Candle flame looks very pretty!!!
Blogger CynCyn, at 8:44 AM  
I love your new banner- very nice!
Blogger Ellen Alexandra, at 2:33 PM  
Perhaps it was the interview with Madonna? Just guessing, but no idea. I love the new template too. It looks great. The Candle Flame scarf is coming along nicely as well. I just recently bought yarn for Forecast too1
Blogger WandaWoman, at 4:43 PM  
I think it was the Kristy Allie episode.
Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:54 AM  

Add a comment