Wednesday, November 15, 2006

The Forecast Reads "Rainy" In Portland

The Glampyre bites again. What do you think of this pattern?

Pretty interesting, huh? I was recently chosen out of 600 volunteers to be a test knitter for one of Stefanie’s new patterns, and I have to say, I’m pretty excited to be apart of the backstage preparations for this. Honored, really. Not that there’s a whole lot of honor in getting chosen for this, mostly luck, but I’m honored just the same.


I can’t say a whole lot on the specifics of the pattern, but I’ll blog my progress here, and who knows, maybe it’ll turn out so unbelievably adorable, that you all will need to make one too! Who knows.

Ooh, and, I’m on the hunt for some good yarn for this, so if you know of a nice bulky 3.5 stitches to the inch, do a sista a favor and holla at me.

I was so excited about test knitting that I almost forgot to tell you about Portland.


I’ll try to control the gushing, as I’m sure it comes off a little weird, and well, obsessive. The weekend started out with lots of rain, and then there was more rain….and then ended with puddles and puddles of rain. It was fine though! To me, rain marks the beginning of fall and, well, my birthday.

As long as I can remember, it has rained on my birthday, so for that, I’m okay with it. In fact, I like it. And I love Portland, so the two together made for a very happy birthday girl. We didn’t do anything in particular but just enjoyed the people, ate some amazing food and did a little shopping.

Ooh, and how’s the Forecast, you ask? Well, as you can imagine, rain in Portland resulted in lots of knitting for me and the Forecast is coming along just smashingly. Here she is after 7 days of work:
Not bad, huh? Throw on some sleeves…a button band and voi’ la…it will sit in my closet for 7 months until I build up the gumption to block her. Good grief, how many finished projects do I have to show you that I can’t because they’re curly, & nubby? A lot, I tell ya. Too many, really.
More on the Forecast at the KAL.


Warning: Sudden Subject Change
Who’s having a hard time with the early sunset and approaching holiday season? I am. I’m trying my best to keep my head up, but I have to admit that I feel pretty over-whelmed and bogged with all the commitments & obligations. I’m still learning my rhythm, and how it dances with my husbands, it’s a learning process I’m working through, no doubt. I mean, my house is in such disarray, that we’re sleeping in the guest bedroom! Can you imagine? Our BED is too MESSY to SLEEP in. Now, that’s bad.

Life was so much easier under the direction of my parents. “Be there by 4pm”, “Don’t forget to say THANK YOU” and “Make sure to iron your dress”. Growing up is hard sometimes, I guess, and now I have to remember all that stuff on my own. Ooh, the tragedy of it all.

This blog here, and more specifically, YOURS is a nice escape. And did you see Stephanie's post on the holiday spirit? It’s grounding, and very sweet.

I’m going to attempt a little escapism….a trip to the thrift store for some feltable knits will do the trick, I think some Alicia-esq Christmas garland is just what I need to chase the chaos away. Yeah, that’s it, a cup of tea, a pair of scissors and a big pile of brightly colored sweaters to re-fashion.

…aaahh…time…to…take…a…deep…breath…

posted by Cristina at 8:35 AM

2 Comments:

What kind of fiber are you looking for for that? Maybe try the Blue Skies Cotton... it's so super soft and the top just looks like it wants to be cotton. And very impressive progress on your forecast.

I hear you on the holiday stress. The lack of daylight and all of that is making me edgy. DH and I are trying to figure out the "we" instead of the "me" thing but you'd think that since we lived together for a couple of years already that some of this stuff should have been figured out by now, right?
Blogger Jen, at 12:26 PM  
plenty of wool comes in at 3.5 sts/inch (Rowan Cork, DB merino chunky...) but not as sure about cottons. maybe Mission Falls 1824 cotton held doubled?
Blogger CynCyn, at 5:27 PM  

Add a comment