Tuesday, December 05, 2006

"Flight attendants, prepare for landing."

I'm having trouble focusing, thinking a lot about the Kim Family. The whole situation is sad, and incredible, & scary & makes me to feel a lot of anxiety. Please keep James in your thoughts or heart or prayers, or however you choose to send love to the Kim family. Spending some quiet time, making. Above is a festive addition to the kitchen & my version of the button wreath you may have seen popping up here and there and everywhere. It was a fun project & successfully depleted my button stash. Vintage button shopping to replenish anyone? Ooh hurt me.

I just returned from a very quick trip (something like 18 hours!) to Chicago. Below is the scene as I was departing. The snow & cold was surprisingly shocking to me, & look at this beautiful scene...

"Ladies & Gentlemen the Captain has indicated our final decent into the San Francisco bay area. At this time please discontinue the use of all portable electronic devices, including iPod's, laptop computers, and portable DVD players. Please return your seat back and tray tables to their full up-right and locked positions. Please return all carry-on items that you may have taken out during the flight to the over-head compartment or beneath the seat in front of you."

"Flight attendants will be making their final pass through the cabin in order to collect any remaining service items. It truly has been a pleasure serving you this evening. We realize you have many choices when traveling and we thank you for choosing Generic Airlines. Welcome to San Francisco where the local time is 5:23pm."

"Flight attendants, prepare for landing."

At what point do I ask myself; "Have I been traveling too much?"

posted by Cristina at 8:35 PM

2 Comments:

I've been thinking about the Kim family nonstop as well.
I LOVE LOVE LOVE your button wreath!!! it's fabulous!!
Blogger Allegra, at 9:42 PM  
they found james kim and it's not good news. so very very sad.
Blogger maryse, at 3:12 PM  

Add a comment