Thursday, November 09, 2006

Thank you.

I'm still blushing from yesterday's public display of affection. I had a birthday post in mind, but, apparently, the hubby beat me to it. It was a warm surprise (which, I'm a sucker for), and I appreciate all of your comments and happy birthday wishes. Thank you for that.
The coming of my birthday always spawns a series of mixed emotions. Mostly related to excitement, anticipation and a little bit of anxiety. I can't explain it really, but possibly I fear disappointment, that my friends and family won't call or remember. It's silly, really, since this has never happened before, but it's a fear just the same. Once again, I was proved wrong. I received such an amazing out pour of love, more then I could ever imagine. Just what I needed during one of the most hectic times of the year for my hubby and I. Hubby & my sister even went as far as bringing me flowers in my favorite colors of the season, orchids in mustard and cranberry....and stargazers in, uuhm...well, mustard and cranberry. Perhaps I talk about my obsession more then I thought! I love them, and, my goodness, they smell amazing!
My day was soooo relaxing. Lot's of knitting was done, in between all the phone calls I received. Above is my newly started (and muchly double-guessed), Forecast. Can you guess what color it is? I'm really excited about this sweater, but I have some doubts that I'm diligently working through with help from Julia and the KAL. More on that later.

The photo above is a photo from my Walima (pronounced "Valima"). It's a good illustration of how I felt yesterday. Loved and spinning with happiness. (Is that mustard and cranberry again? Is there any hope for me, I don't think so).

The good news, is that it's not over yet. Hubby surprised me with a trip to one of my favorite U.S. cities - Portland, OR. We're leaving in a few hours, and trust me, there will be much to report on when I return - even if we have to swim through our weekend!

Denzel Washington, and isn't he a cutie?
Ooh, and I almost forgot! My little contest...and the results. So, okay, maybe it's wasn't that hard, I realize this now with how many people got the correct answer! And trust me, I would love to send a little somethin' somethin' to all of you, but there is only one winner here folks, and it's Madame Michigan (I won't say "Ms. Michigan", for those of you who have ever lived there, you know why!). She also happens to be the one who made my adorable Back Tack kitty, way back when. So email me your address...and some day very soon, you'll receive a little treat in the mail.
posted by Cristina at 4:05 PM

5 Comments:

Happy belated birthday. I thought your hubby's sentiments were so sweet. You have a doll there hang on to him :-)
Hugs!!!
Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:53 PM  
Whoohooo! I'm excited...thanks Cristina and happy belated birthday!
Blogger ljm, at 6:37 AM  
OK, yours gets the hubby of the year award (don't tell Phil I said that (maybe he'll win in '07)). Not only was that post thoughtful in its mere existance, but also in its execution.

And I'm way impressed that he even knows what entrelac is.

Have a blast this weekend and try not to tell him "one more row" at least for these three days.
Blogger Bethro, at 6:58 AM  
happy belated! The flowers look so gorgeous and you are indeed a lucky girl. enjoy your weekend in portland!
Blogger Jen, at 10:00 AM  
Happy belated birthday. Not only do you have a husband who sings your praises, but you have a husband who knows how to use the Internet. He's a keeper!
Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:33 PM  

Add a comment